Tuesday, September 15, 2009

22,000 Seats



Added 8,000 or so Loge seats, located the main posts for the entire seating bowl and redid the obstruction center lines, then removed any obstructing seats. I'm preppping the next task, which is building the 6, count 'em 6 different roof truss setups used in the park.

There's the left field grandstand setup from post-1934, the section 27 which is shifted a row down from the normal 3rd base grandstand due to it bridging the angles to LF, the main 3rd base truss, the modified home plate truss with deeper back supports, the first base line with rear posts around row 15, and the RF line stretching around the corner. I'm sure there'll be more, including the possibility of a different section 31 truss because of a strangely placed seat.

I updated my picasaweb account with pictures I took on Friday's rainout, and the gorgeous restarted game on Sunday. Most pictures deal with posts as that's what I was working on, but there's also a bit of Fenway weirdness I captured as well in section 14:



I don't think $50 goes as far as it used to. At Fenway, caveat emptor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/********************************************************/ /********************************************************/